Pages

Monday, February 18, 2013

Looking Ahead: Next 30 day Challenge Start Date February 23rd

I was looking around to find the next 30 day challenge and I've decided to do the Butt Bible DVD.  There are 2 cardio days which is user's choice, so I will be doing Bob Harper's Pure Burn DVD on those days.

For the next 30 days, I will commit to following "The Butt Bible" DVD.  The schedule that I found on the internet, not without digging deep, is to do each level for 2 weeks.   There are 6 workouts, 2 for each level which include an upper body workout and a lower body workout.  I could not for the life of me find the nutrition guidelines for the DVD.  I truly am disappointed that the link where I was supposed to find the workout schedule and the meal guidelines was not functioning and the person that is featured in the Butt BiblePauline Nordin, did not have the decency to place the "free schedule and meal plan" on her web-site.  I suppose some people don't care that so many people are frustrated with them.  I found numerous discussion threads which have many people wondering where to get the workout schedule and meal plan.  One person in one of the discussion threads thankfully posted the workout schedule, but no one has thus far posted the meal guidelines.  I found a rough idea of the meal plan on another web-site, but it is very vague and not too helpful.  C'est la vie, I suppose!

Here's the 6 week plan that I found in the discussion group for those that need it.  It's not included with the DVD.

The information below is all that I could come up with for the meal guidelines.  They are pretty rough and are not too explicit.  I really wish Pauline would just post the meal guidelines and the schedule on her website.


Butt Bible Nutrition from http://www.dietsinreview.com/diets/the-butt-bible/
In order to see the meal plan, you will have to go to the Butt Bible web site, but the nutrition plan is thorough. (LINK DOES NOT WORK) For your nutrition, you will engage in Lean Eating. You will be enjoying healthy, fresh foods and avoiding added sugar, bad fat and foods that are heavily processed. Some of the things to avoid include high fructose corn syrup, dextrose, honey, agave syrup and fructose. Avoiding bad fats includes things like switching out whole milk for skim milk, and avoiding fried foods. Your diet will consist of about 30 percent protein, 50 percent vegetables and 20 percent fats. There is a complete list of foods to eat and foods to avoid included with the menu plan and guidelines.
There are also some options for you to swap out for healthier choices. You are allowed one cheat day per week where you can have your favorite foods in moderation. This is a five meal per day program which includes breakfast, lunch, dinner and two snacks. Some of the allowed foods on the program include:
  • All herbs
  • All vegetables
  • Raspberries
  • Strawberries
  • Blackberries
  • Blueberries
  • Shrimp
  • Pacific cod
  • Pink salmon
  • Tilapia
  • Whole egg
  • Rainbow trout
  • Scallops
  • Sardines


Although this DVD is for a better butt in 6 weeks, i.e. 42 days, I thought that I would try it for the 30 days and then continue if I see results.  There are some amazing results posted online.  There are plenty of those photos on line if you care to see other people's results.

2 comments:

NEVR2L8 said...

Is there a place on your blog where you share the Butt Bible workout itself? The exercises and reps recommended for the upper body and lower body workouts?

Simply Samantha said...

I don't have it on my blog, but I've seen it on YouTube. Just search for the butt bible and it should come up. :)