Pages

Saturday, April 6, 2013

Butt Bible Review and Notes


The Butt Bible is a 6 week workout program with 3 levels of workouts with instructor Pauline Nordin.  The workouts are 3 different levels which increase in difficulty.  Each level has a lower body workout and an upper body workout.

Each level is on a separate DVD of this 3-DVD set.

For the 6 workouts, the equipment needed for each workout is as follows:
Level 1:   2  -  20 minute workouts
Lower body equipment: A towel
Upper body equipment: A set of dumbbells

Level 2:  2 - 30 minute workouts
Lower body equipment: A set of dumbbells
Upper body equipment: A light set of dumbbells and a heavier set of dumbbells

Level 3:  2 - 40 minute workouts
Lower body equipment: Barbell, a set of dumbbells, a chair
Upper body equipment: A set of dumbbells, a towel and a chair

Review:
The DVD workout series is supposed to give you the best butt of your life in 6 weeks.  Pauline Nordine is a Swedish woman who keeps the workouts moving with her incessant talking.  The incessant talking might annoy some people and if you read some of the reviews on Amazon it really does annoy some people.  I found it to be helpful in a distracting sort of way because some of the moves were difficult and her talking kept me going and not thinking about the discomfort and sometimes the pain.

When I ordered the DVD set and it arrived, the DVD case said that the workout schedule and the meal guidelines could be found on the Butt Bible web-site.  Well, the Butt Bible web-site does not exist anymore and I had to dig deep through web searches to get the schedule that someone had posted on a discussion group.  No luck finding the meal guidelines that go with the DVD.  This result was a big disappointment.  The DVD should come with the workout schedule and the meal guidelines if it is not available on-line.  The DVDs are produced on demand meaning they make it when you order it.  I think this maybe why this DVD set was a bit on the pricey side.

Each DVD has 2 workouts for each level.  One nice feature is that if you have enough time you can choose to do both the Lower Body and the Upper Body workout by selecting Play all or if you only have time for one of the workouts you can select either the Lower Body or the Upper Body.

The workouts were fast paced with little to no breaks.  Pauline keeps you are constantly moving from one move to another.  Pauline's incessant talking and unintentionally funny zingers make these workouts go fast.  I don't believe that anyone who does this workout will not end up laughing.  Pauline talks about cracking nuts between your cheeks and you think did she really say that?  She constantly says one line zingers like "Terminator style" and I thought what is that was supposed to mean "I'll be back."  But that doesn't make sense.

For the most part, the timing of the workouts is as described with just a minute or two over the written workout time.  I appreciate this timeliness of the workouts very much.  It is nice to know that when I only have 20, 30, or 40 minutes I will finish the workout that I start.

My biggest pet peeve with this workout series is that Pauline often starts a move on one arm and ends on the same arm, which means that she unintentionally makes you lopsided if you do exactly the same reps that she does.  I end up doing one more rep than she does so that I am not lopsided which is not a big deal but it is a little annoying.

Results:
My husband told me that after 2 weeks he could tell the difference.  I think that's pretty amazing for just a short amount of time.  Personally, I can tell the difference with the way my pants are fitting.  My legs are stronger and my posture has improved.

I read somewhere on the internet that Pauline works out her lower body/butt for 1 hour a week for maintenance although I can't seem to find where I read that now.  I think the workout really works.  Your butt will be firmer, tighter and lifted.  I like the results so I might just have to work on my butt for an hour a week to maintain it like Pauline does.

Chart for Workout Plan:
http://30daystoimprove.blogspot.com/2013/02/looking-ahead-next-30-day-challenge.html

Diet Guidelines that I found:
http://30daystoimprove.blogspot.com/2013/03/pauline-nordin-more-diet-guidelines.html

Out of 42 Days:
24 Workouts
12 Option of a Cardio or a Rest Day
6 Rest days

5 comments:

Amy said...

Thank you so much for a great review and explaining how this workout really works! It's also nice of you to explain why so many people complain on Amazon about Pauline talking non-stop. Anyway, I appreciate people like you, who take the time to explain things you've tried, it helps a lot!

Anonymous said...

I have questions that are still unanswered about the workout. The meal plan - you said you found it but didn't share it... would you mind sharing it? I bought the dvd pack and would like to get started on it, but like yours, it didn't come with the plan. Also, I know you start with workout 1 but when do you move up? Every two weeks? Thank you so much for any help! My email is jessagoodman88@yahoo.com if you would like to share the meal plan.

Simply Samantha said...

Hi Jessa,
I couldn't find the link that was advertised about on the DVD. It was not available.
I did find the schedule for the Butt Bible. It is on this link for my blog.
Yes. You move up a level every two weeks. So 6 weeks total.
http://30daystoimprove.blogspot.com/2013/02/looking-ahead-next-30-day-challenge.html?m=1

As for the diet guidelines, I found some rough idea in the web at two sites.

http://30daystoimprove.blogspot.com/2013/03/pauline-nordin-more-diet-guidelines.html?m=1

I hope that helps.

Samantha

Princesss said...

I'm skinny. will this butt bible workout work for me? i mean, i want to have a nice butt like hers and yours, but i really dont want to lose weight.

Simply Samantha said...

I'm not overweight myself. I am fairly slender, that is before the kids. I have generally a flat behind though. This workout lifted and shaped my butt. I think it would work for you. Let me know if it works for you.