Pages

Saturday, March 23, 2013

Looking Ahead: Next 30 day Challenge Start Date April 6th

It is coming towards the end of my last challenge.  Officially I have had 42 days for the last challenge, The Butt Bible DVD program, but it is always good to look ahead to figure out and plan for the next challenge.

I was looking around my house to find the next 30 day challenge and I found a stack of Fitness magazines from when I had a subscription for a year. In one of the Fitness magazines from May 2011, I found something interesting, Beach Body Bootcamp.

The Beach Body Bootcamp from Fitness Magazine claims that they have "the skinny on how to lose 10 pounds this month."  I don't really want to 10 pounds.  I hope this Beach Body Bootcamp will make me more toned and fit, which is what I really want out of this 30 day challenge.

The specifics:  
The beach body makeover plan includes an allover sculpting workout, cardio and satisfying "Eat Up, Slim Down" diet.

Do the toning moves three days a week and one of the cardio options two days a week for a hot bod in just a few weeks.

More support and extras if you sign up via fitnessmagazine.com/beachbody

The allover workout requires a resistance band. This workout is done 3 times per week on nonconsecutive days.

Link to description of moves and details:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/you-can-do-it/beach-body-boot-camp-workout/

Link to video of how to toning workout:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/videos/m/38855823/the-beach-body-boot-camp-workout.htm#q=plguid165074

Cardio section has 3 options:
1. Butt-firming to be done after toning or on its own 45 minutes on a treadmill or elliptical
2. After burn blast to be done post toning 30 to 40 minutes
3.  Seriously sizzling done between toning days 35 to 45 minutes

There are free podcasts that allow you to follow the cardio section without staring at the clock or a timer.  The cues to speed up or slow down are said throughout the music.  The Beats per minute (bpm) help you stay at the right speed throughout.  

Link to the iTunes podcasts (the podcasts for this challenge are from March 2011):
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/motion-traxx-upbeat-workout/id300391393

Eat Up, Slim down Diet
Choose meals and snack for a total of 1500 calories a day to lose 10 pounds in one month.
300 calorie Breakfast
400 calorie Lunch
500 calorie Dinner
2 - 150 calorie Snacks

I'll post the shopping list for the meals soon.

Goals for this challenge:
Stick to a workout schedule and eat more healthy nutrient dense foods.  I am not sure about restricting my calories too much since I am still nursing, but I want to definitely eat healthier.

The Workout Plan:
Monday - Toning workout
Tuesday - Cardio workout
Wednesday - Toning Workout
Thursday - Cardio workout
Friday - Rest day
Saturday - Toning workout
Sunday - Cardio workout

From Fitness Magazine May 2011
Link to details:
http://www.fitnessmagazine.com/workout/you-can-do-it/beach-body-boot-camp-workout/

No comments: