Pages

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Day 34: Butt Bible March 28th

"Pain is weakness leaving the body." - Tera Lynn Childs

Today's Update:  
It was a good idea to do the lower body workout yesterday.  My legs and butt are so sore.  I don't think I could walk if I did this 2 days in a row. Ow!!

Today's task: Rest or Cardio Day
Day 34 of the Butt Bible program is a choice between a rest day or a cardio day.  I chose to try to find some free cardio workouts online and I stumbled upon a Pinterest board with free workouts.  I clicked on some of the workouts and they were short, less than 10 minutes, but I found a 17 minute on by Fitness Blender on YouTube.

The Total Body High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) Workout consists of a quick warm up, a HIIT Tabata Routine and Cool Down Stretches.

The warm up consists of 30 seconds on each exercise. Torso Rotations, Full Torso Rotations, Squats, Jog in Place, Jumping Jacks, and High Knees.

The HIIT Routine consists of 5 exercises with 20 seconds  and 10 seconds ove recovery and each exercise is done three times.  Sidewinder Burpees, Star Jumps, Plank to Push Ups,  Flutterkick squats, 4 squat jacks + jump.

Cool down Stretches consist of hold stretches 20 seconds each.  Toe Touch stretch, quad stretch, inside thigh stretch, deep glute stretch, torso stretch, cobra stretch.

Review:
This workout was very high intensity!  I appreciate that I have access to a free workout that gets my blood moving.   Did I mention that I hate burpees? I guess I hate burpees because I can't do them well.  Maybe I'll like burpees when I do them with more consistency?  Here's hoping.

I enjoyed the fact that the person teaching the workout, Daniel, does the workout with you and you can see that he is winded as well as you will be after this workout.

This workout is great for when you have limited time and limited money.  It's free!  It is fast paced and it is an efficient total body workout.  I might do this workout again to improve on my burpees, but I think I might try other workouts from Fitness Blender as well since they have 381 workout videos on YouTube.

Link to Fitness Blender Workout:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oT8wC6GYwP8

Link to Pinterest board:
http://pinterest.com/FitnessBlender/free-full-length-workout-videos-fitnessblender-com/

Quote from:
http://www.goodreads.com/quotes/tag/exercise

No comments: