Pages

Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Pre-30 day: January 22nd

"Always do your best.  What you plant now, you will harvest later." Og Mandino

Update from Yesterday:
My hamstrings are really really tight.  I must work on those today.

Carving out some me time today was a little difficult and so I'm doing this as the last thing before bed.

I found this yoga sequence for athletes on the Women's Health website.  It helps with tight hamstrings, quads and shoulders.  That sounds perfect.

Today's task: A Yoga Sequence
Yoga for Everyday Athletes from Women's Health Magazine Online
The moves:
1) Downward-Facing Dog. A classic.

2) High Lunge.

3) Twisted Lunge.

4) Dolphin. This move made a bit light headed, but it felt like my neck was relaxing.

5) Pigeon. A wonderful hip stretch.

6)  Legs up the Wall. Utter relaxation.  Awesome!

There is nothing quite like yoga to center yourself and relax.  I think this was a great idea before bed.  I feel more at peace and hopefully I will sleep great!

Link to Yoga Sequence:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/yoga-everyday-routine

Quote from:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_motivational.html


No comments: