Pages

Saturday, January 19, 2013

Pre-30 day fitness: January 19th

"Never put off till tomorrow what you can do today." Thomas Jefferson

I decided that I should try to read and get started on my journey here since it is better to start now then wait until later.  I didn't want to sit here twiddling my thumbs until the 30 days started.  Life is happening now!  

I ended up on the Women's Health Magazine web-site and did a quick butt workout. 

It's titled "Want a Tight Butt That Defies Gravity?"  It never fails to amuse me what fitness magazines come up with to catch your eye.  Well, it worked for me and the I found the exercises to be easy to understand and do.  The only exercise that I could not do was the box jump.  I don't have the equipment for that.  That might have to be something I need to put on my list of things to buy.  

I really appreciate that if you have an account with the Women's Health web-site you can download .pdf files of several workout that are easy to print out and take to the gym if you are so inclined.  It is sometimes overwhelming if you aren't too experienced in the gym to think of new things to do.  With the printouts you can have a series of exercises to achieve your goal and look like you know what you are doing.  I think that's a good thing.  

Today's task: A workout
Want a Tight Butt that Defies Gravity? by Women's Health Magazine Online
There are six exercises in this article.

1) Plank with a Leg Lift.  Not only does it work your butt and legs, this exercise also works your abs.  

2)  Inverted Hamstring

3)  Box Squat

4)  Stability-Ball Pike.  A Pilates move that I haven't done in a while, but it is again a butt, legs and ab exercise.  Awesome.  Try not to go too crazy on this move or you might wipeout. 

5)  Offset Reverse Lunge

6)  Box Jump.  It gets your heart rate up and works on your butt!

Overall.  I liked this quick butt workout and could see myself doing this when I only have a few minutes to work on a problem area for a lot of people, including me. My butt!

Link to workout:
http://www.womenshealthmag.com/fitness/tight-butt-exercises

No comments: