Pages

Friday, January 25, 2013

Day 2: 30 day Shred January 25th

"We cannot do everything at once, but we can do something at once." Calvin Coolidge

Today's Update:  
My mood has definitely improved a little.  Thanks to all those great happy neurotransmitters from exercise.  Yay! On to Day 2....

From Natural Therapy Pages:
"Endorphins are defined as hormone-like substances that are produced in the brain and function as the body’s natural painkillers.  During exercise, these endorphins are released, and this can produce feelings of euphoria and a general state of wellbeing."

Read more: http://www.naturaltherapypages.com.au/article/Exercise_Endorphins.#ixzz2J2raPUyq


Today's task: A Workout
Jillian Michael's 30 day Shred

Level 1 workout from the DVD again. I realized something else about this workout video.  It makes me crazy when workout videos show exercises on one side and not the other.  Jillian does this during the warmup.  I realize that she wants to make it a quick workout, but I don't want to be lopsided.  :)

Actual time of the supposed 20 minute workout was 27 minutes. (with all the transitions between moves and segments.)

I do feel better today and this definitely helped.  Day 2 done!

By the way, I am also trying to eat healthier by incorporating more fruits and vegetables in my diet.  I had a bad habit from my pregnancy and I think I was a bit addicted to sugar.  It's just so hard.  I really want a cookie.  Thankfully, there are none in the house!

Link to workout DVD from:
http://www.amazon.com/Jillian-Michaels-30-Day-Shred/dp/B00127RAJY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1359145731&sr=8-1&keywords=jillian+michaels+30+day+shred

Quote from:
http://blog.inspirationalspark.com/category/getting-started-quotes/

No comments: