Pages

Thursday, April 11, 2013

Day 6: Beach Body Bootcamp April 11th

"Motivation will almost always beat mere talent." - Norman R. Augustine

Today's Update:  
I am feeling tired today, but I have to keep going!

Today's task: Cardio Day
Day 6 of the Beach Body Bootcamp program is a cardio day.  Since I am doing option 3 of the cardio options since I do not have time to do both the toning workout and cardio on the same day , I am supposed to try to do the Seriously Sizzling Cardio session that is a turn up the sweat 35 to 45 minute routine best done between toning days.

The routine breakdown:
MOVE
EFFORT
MINUTES
Warm up       
Easy
3
Jog
Moderate
2
Run
Hard
2
Recover
Easy
1
Repeat jog-run-recover set 3 times, increasing run time by 1 min each set
Moderate to hard
21
Jog
Moderate
1
Sprint
Very hard
1
Repeat jog-sprint sets up to 6 times
Moderate to very hard
2-12
Cool down
Easy
2


So, I did the cardio again with the music so I don't have to stare at a stop watch.  I really enjoy that fact.  I hate trying to do math when I am trying to do interval training cardio.  It's just too much! :)

I wanted to say that I am still trying to do more cardio kickboxing to the music.  The only hard parts are the run sections when the music is really fast.  So. I often end up running during these sections.  The other sections, the jog section and recovery sections I do a lot of jab, crosses, uppercuts and bob and weaves.  I also did jump rope and speed bag.

I have this boxing circuit workout from Cooking Light Magazine.  I used it as ideas to help inspire me during my workout. Repeat combos for desired sets or until you are bored.

7 reps left jab, switch leading leg, 7 reps right jab/ 8 Bob and weave/

7 left hooks, switch leading leg, 7 right hooks, switch leading leg

7 left uppercuts, scissor jump to switch legs, 7 right uppercuts, scissor jump to switch legs, 7 scissor jumps

Left jab, left hook, right uppercut, scissor jump to switch legs, right jab, right hook, left uppercut scissor jump to switch legs, 8 bob and weave

Left hook, right upper, double left jab, scisor jump to switch legs, right hook, left uppercut, double right jab, scissor jump to switch legs, 7 jump rope

7 Left jabs, 7 right jabs, 7 left uppercuts, 7 right uppercuts, 7 left hooks, 7 right hooks, 7 jumping jacks

Link to music with cues for workout:
Use the Beach Body Option music from March 2011
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/motion-traxx-upbeat-workout/id300391393

Quote from:
http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/fitness_programs_article.aspx?id=2927

No comments: