Pages

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Day 2: Beach Body Bootcamp April 7th

"We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us." - Joseph Campbell

Today's Update:  
I am glad to see the last day of the Butt Bible program.  It has been getting old.

Today's task: Cardio Day
Day 2 of the Beach Body Bootcamp program is a cardio day.  Since I am doing option 3 of the cardio options since I do not have time to do both the toning workout and cardio on the same day , I am supposed to try to do the Seriously Sizzling Cardio session that is a turn up the sweat 35 to 45 minute routine best done between toning days.

The routine breakdown:
MOVE
EFFORT
MINUTES
Warm up       
Easy
3
Jog
Moderate
2
Run
Hard
2
Recover
Easy
1
Repeat jog-run-recover set 3 times, increasing run time by 1 min each set
Moderate to hard
21
Jog
Moderate
1
Sprint
Very hard
1
Repeat jog-sprint sets up to 6 times
Moderate to very hard
2-12
Cool down
Easy
2


I was wondering how I would coordinate /keep track of what level of exertion I was supposed to be in. Would I start a stop watch and keep track of the time of when I was supposed to start the jog?  After 3 minutes of warm up, start the jog.  When the stop watch hits 5 minutes, start to run, etc.

Then I figured out that there are playlists that had the cues with music so that you just had to put on your shoes and go.  I tried it out and I really loved that I didn't have to keep track / stare at a stopwatch the entire time.  Basically, I created my own cardio kickboxing routine to the beats of the music.  I had a good time.

Link to music with cues for workout:
Use the Beach Body Option music from March 2011
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/motion-traxx-upbeat-workout/id300391393

Quote from:
http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/topics/topic_life2.html#42Q0ZiBWXVUXQdK8.99

No comments: