Pages

Saturday, January 17, 2015

Day 6: Clutter Cleanse: Organizing Toys

Today's challenge: 
Decluttering and organizing toys

This is a problem in our house. My toddler likes to dump everything in the floor and doesn't pick things up. The toys are jumbled together no real order. I tried to make it organized but never got around to labeling the bins.  I had and idea for this problem. I hope it works.  

I purchases 2 inch binder rings and I had some large blank index cards.  I bought a laminator a while back for this project. 

Here's the idea:
Take pictures of what is in the box and print out pictures and cut them to fit the index cards. I tried to find a plain white background. It ended up being my kids art table. 

Print the labels of what's inside the bin.  

Glue photos and the labels to a large index card. 

Laminate the cards. 

Punch two holes on top.  

Place binder clips in the holes and attach to your handled bin. 

I wasn't able to finish this project today, but I will continue to work on it in the next few days.  

Link to original challenge: 
http://www.overstuffedlife.com/2014/10/31-days-to-less-clutter-and-more-peace_6.html

No comments: