Pages

Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Day 3: Clutter Cleanse

Today's assignment:
Clear the clutter out of your chosen problem area

Work on top priority problem area.  It's definitely the kitchen. There are currently 4 piles of stuff in the kitchen. Mail to open, papers to shred, toys to get rid of, tools to put away, bottles for a project at my sons preschool, extra cords from the television, bad batteries, coins, a juicer we haven't used in a long while, a basket full of pacifiers, charging cords and headphones for our various electronic devices. 

Put away the items that already have a designated place.
Pile of tools.  Go to workshop. 
 
Ok. The big bad paper monster. I'm going to tackle you today!  
Good bye junk mail.  Separate into shred pile and useless envelopes into the recycling.  

Papers to file:  Calendar for preschool. 
Bills to pay: write checks and use those new stamps I just bought.  

Send out last few New Years cards. So late but, c'est la vie. Note to self: I still need addresses from husband for a few more of his friends and relatives. A few more cards still hanging out in a pile. :(

Sort the remaining items into trash, donate, and keep piles.
I already got rid of a lot of paper. Not too much to donate so far. I need a proper way to dispose of batteries. Coins need to be collected and sorted. 

Times up.  Things are better but not perfect. I need more time on the kitchen. I guess the point was to focus on one problem area, but I did more.  I'll have to work with more focus next time. At least the kitchen island is clear!


No comments: