Pages

Wednesday, August 28, 2013

August 28: Diastasis Recti Update

I had another physical therapy appointment today.  It was very interesting.  Apparently I have scar tissue that is inhibiting movement in my abdomen and so I am working on loosening the area so that I can heal.

I find it upsetting that I had to self diagnose myself two times since my labor and my Obgyn did not figure out any of it or even try to really do an in depth postnatal followup after my c-section.  I think I even saw her 3 times after the birth and she found nothing.  Oh well.  Note to self, question the care that you receive because after all, you are the customer right?

Also, I spoke with my physical therapist about strength training which I stopped doing a few months ago now, and she thought that I needed to develop more core strength before resuming.

No comments: