Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

September 7: Diastasis Recti Update

So.. I had my second official physical therapy appointment yesterday and I am sore!  I must be working something correctly.

Karen warned me that my abdominals might be sore today and she was right.  5 minutes on a rocker board is difficult work!

She also gave me some exercises to do at home which are mostly pilates moves that I've done before.  Thankfully I have all of the equipment to make the exercises effective, a small ball, a large exercise ball, and a theraband.

I haven't measured my stomach again.  I have no allusions that this will be a quick fix.  Recovery from pregnancy will take a while.

Just a note:  I am not a medical professional and if you are suffering from diastasis recti, I really urge you to see a physical therapist if possible.  It is really nice to have someone's guidance for this condition.

No comments: