Pages

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Review of Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30

This review is very overdue... Sorry for the delayed post. 

Jillian Michael's Ripped in 30 is a workout DVD with 4 complete workouts.  The workouts are 4 different levels which progress in level of difficulty.  The workouts all use Jillian's 3-2-1 Interval system which mix cardio, strength and abdominal exercises for more efficient weight loss.

Each workout contains a warm-up, 3 circuits, each circuit with 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, and finally a 2 minutes cool down. 

Equipment needed for the workout are hand weights and a mat if exercising on a hard surface.  

Each level workout has an advanced workout and a modified workout.  

Review:
The workouts themselves are quite good and I felt soreness from the workouts as soon as I started.  I liked that I was able to progress from modified through advanced at each level (one workout level per week) and then I have a new workout to challenge me for the next week.  

I think it was my fault, but my motivation was lacking for these workouts.  The workouts themselves are difficult and I definitely felt them when I actually did them.   

Results:
I think that the DVD was helpful and I was able to progress through the workouts.  I really enjoyed that fact that there were no repeats in exercises throughout the different levels, which there were in Jillian Michael's 30 Day shred.

I would do this DVD series again as I felt that it was an effective workout.

Out of 30 Days:
17 workout days
13 rest days

Not my best 30 days.  The point of this blog is to improve right? 

No comments: