Pages

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

September 17: Diastasis Recti Update

Well, it has been a rough week.  My neck went into a spasm and it hurt to laugh, cough, hold my LO etc.  Then I felt better and I did some gardening and it was worse.  Oh well.

I am still feeling the effects of the neck spasm, but it is so much better than it was a few days ago.  Thankfully!

I had another physical therapy appointment for my Diastasis Recti and it was interesting for sure.  More exercises to do and more learning about my bodily misalignments.

I don't know if it is my imagination, but I think my stomach might actually be getting smaller.  Already?  My husband agrees.  I haven't seen too much change in my actual measurement, but my husband thinks that people have a tendency to suck it in when being measured. I am sure he is right.  My clothes are fitting differently, so I suppose I'll use that as my confirmation.  The change is subtle, but noticeable to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello,
Does your PT have a recommendation for Santa Clarita, CA? I'm 16 months postpartum and nothing has changes after doing exercises (moms into fitness and mummy tummy). I don't even know if I am exercising and measuring my gap correctly. Tall order but thought I should ask about a PT in my area.

Thanks! Patti

Simply Samantha said...

Hi Patti,

I received some information from my PT. She didn't know of anyone in your area, but she had a suggestion as to how to find someone that can help you. She said you could find a practitioner at upledger.com. She said to look for a practitioner that has taken visceral manipulation or mayofascial release. I hope this helps.

Samantha

Anonymous said...

Hi Samantha,

This is extremely helpful. Thank you for asking. I'm looking forward to getting my abs back. Good luck with closing your Diastasis.

Patricia