Pages

Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Where have I been?

Well, you might be wondering where I have been the last few weeks.  I am still here.  I have been vigorously cleaning the entire house a spring cleaning of sorts.   It has kept me very busy.  I am also still trying to decide what to do exactly about my diastasis recti (DR).  There are a few options out there.

There is the Tupler Technique from Julie Tupler.  It claims it is the only research based technique that is proven to close a DR.  The research is from the Columbia University and this technique has been around for 20 years.  The website has a package with a DVD, a splint, and a guidebook.The package is $80.  This is probably the one I should get but I looked around elsewhere to see other options.

There is the MuTu program from Wendy Powell.  She has a few options which include:  12 week program which is everything you need for the post baby body you want. Weight loss + intensive workouts to shape, tone and strengthen and core and pelvic floor restoration ($137) or MuTu Focus which is only the core and pelvic floor restoration part.  She doesn't use a splint to help close the DR ($87).    Each program includes online support as well.

I think I am going to buy the Tupler stuff.  I don't know why it always makes me nervous to spend $80, but I really need to work to take care of my DR.

Link to Tupler technique:
http://www.diastasisrehab.com/diastasis-rehab.html

Link to MuTu program:
http://mutusystem.com/download-the-mutu-system-coaching-programme.html

No comments: